Powers of the Directors:
The Directors shall have such powers as the laws of the State of California and the United States of America shall prescribe, and such other powers as the Directors may prescribe to facilitate their duties and responsibilities, which are not in conflict with the laws.
Duties of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall:
1. Cause to be kept open to the inspection of any person entitled thereto and making proper demand therefore, a book of minutes of all meetings of the Directors of the Water District, adequate and correct books of accounts of the properties and business transactions of the Water District, and a register of the Directors, all in the form prescribed by Law and showing the details required by Law, and such other duties required by Laws governing County Water Districts.
2. Adopt and use a “Corporate Seal” consisting of a circle setting forth the name of the Water District on its periphery and showing the State and date of its formation.
Regular meetings of the Directors shall be held on the third Monday in each month, at 7:30pm. Special meetings may be held at the call of the President of the Board, or when directed by the Board of Directors. Notice of called meetings shall be given in advance of such meeting.
Notice of special meeting must specify the purpose for which the meeting is called.
Election of Directors.
The election of Directors shall be held as prescribed by law. Terms of office of the Director shall be as the Board of Directors may determine.
Organization of Board of Directors.
As directed by Law, the Board of Directors shall elect of of its members President. A Secretary, General Manager and an Auditor shall be elected by the Board of Directors, but no member of the Board of Directors can serve in any of these offices.
The Board of Directors may hire clerical, engineering and any other assistants as in their judgment are needed to the proper conduct of their powers and duties and shall fix their salaries and terms of office.
Secretary. The Secretary shall:
1. Keep a book of minutes at the principal office of the Water District, of all meetings of the Directors, in the form and manner as required by law;
2. Keep at the principal office, open to inspection by the public at all reasonable times, the original, or a certified copy, of the By Laws of the Water District as amended or otherwise altered to date.
3. Keep the Corporate Seal and affix it to all papers and documents requiring a seal.
4. Attend to the giving and serving of all notices of the Water District required by law or by these By Laws.
5. Attend to such correspondence as may be assigned to him and to perform all other duties incidental to this office or prescribed by the Board of Directors, or by law.
6. Receive all monies belonging to the Water District, giving his receipt therefore, and turn all monies over to the Treasurer (or Auditor as the case may be) taking his receipt therefore. Keep an itemized record of all monies received by him, showing the sources and amount of same.
7. Have custody of all records, documents, contracts, reports, or other papers of importance and keep same on file, indexed to permit ready access when needed.
Auditor. The Auditor shall:
1. Keep and maintain open to inspection of the Board of Directors of the Water District, or other authorized person, at all reasonable times, adequate and correct accounts of the properties and business transactions of the Water District, which shall include all matters required by law and be in form as required by law;
2. Have custody and care of all of the funds and valuables of the Water District and deposit same in the name of and to the credit of the Water District with such depositaries as the Board of Directors may designate;
3. Disburse the funds of the Water District as he may be ordered by the Board, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements; all disbursements shall be by warrant and shall be signed by the Secretary and President of the Board;
4. Render to the President and Secretary or to the Board of Directors whenever they may require it, an account of all his transactions as treasurer, and a financial statement in form satisfactory to them showing the condition of the Water District.
5. Have such other powers and perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may prescribe.
6. Furnish a bond in such amount and in such form as the Board of Directors may require.
7. Close the books of the District at the end of the fiscal year – June 30th; and submit required reports to State concerning same.
General Manager: The General Manager shall:
1. Exercise general supervision over the activities of the district, as prescribed by law and as directed by the Board of Directors. He shall keep an itemized record of all of his activities in carrying out the duties of his office and shall file a report of same with the secretary or president of the Board on the third Monday of each month in time for the use of the Board at its regular monthly meeting, or at other times when requested by the Board. He shall attend all meetings of the Board unless the duties of his office at the time would interfere with his work. The Board of Directors shall fix the salary of the General Manager.
Amendments to these By Laws may be adopted at any regular meeting or special meeting called for the purpose. Ten days advance notice shall be given to each member of the Board of Directors, stating the general purpose of the proposed amendment. A four-fifths vote is necessary to adopt an amendment to the By Laws.